
This is one of my dogs, Polly. She's a Boston Terror. Yes terror, T-E-R-R-O-R, not a terrier. She is our psychotic dog. I also have a Jack Russell Terror. He is our crazy dogs. But I love them and they are great company and entertainment.
Last night was Sara and my weekly visit to the humane society. We volunteer there and help with the animals or where ever else is needed. We can take the animals out of their cages so they aren't cooped up all day. It is a lot of fun. Can be tiring cuz some of those dogs have some energy! There was this one little black Chihuahua that was so cute and loving. I stopped to see him every time I passed him. Except when I already had a dog with me. Then this little Chihuahua was so mean! He had split personalities! He definately has to be the only dog in the household. You know how they say the little dogs think they are big dogs but they are stuck in little bodies? Well, this Chihuahua definately thought he was a big dog!
So if you are ever in the market you want a pet please visit your local humane society first. Most the dogs that I've met there are all so nice and just want to be loved. In the 2+ months we've been volunteering I haven't met a mean dog. They are all just greatful to have someone take them out of their cages and play with them. Now the cats on the other hand....they are cats. Some want to play others just want to be catered too. But all in all, my point is adopt. Don't buy a pet from those pet stores. Many of them get their puppies from puppy mills which is bbaaadddd! Let's not support them. Oh yeah and yes I'm a supporter of PETA. Not necessary all of PETA because I'm not a vegetarian. But I am a firm believer in animal rights. My 2 dogs are part of my family. They are my kids. They get special dinners, treats and have a basket full of toys. They sleep in our beds and I talk to them like I would talk to Sara. The best part is they don't talk back! Except when JayJay (my JRT) is in his mood and growls at me. He's the devil. That's another story for another day.


No comments:
Post a Comment