Sunday, September 13, 2009

Been A While

It's been a while since I've blogged. My life has changed some for the better. Last I posted I lost my job. It was a blessing in diguise. I am now working back in my parents business, which I LOVE! I worked with them from 1994-2003 but the business has changed some in the past 6 years so I'm relearning some. Right now I'm mainly working on sales and marketing. And I'm utilizing my graphic design skills that I went to school for! Yippeee!!! I am in process of redoing the company's website. Right now it's VERY basic and not informative for our customer whatsoever but it's a start. See: Designs In Rugs. I'm sure in a few days it will change but I know this will be a few week project if not longer. I'm also working on marketing material (postcards, emails, flyers) and I even designed my own business cards. I'm not too fond of sales but I'm working the business. I'm trying to rekindle business relationships with customers we haven't worked with in a while and I'm really getting good responses so it makes me more comfortable.

My other half is still unemployed. I won't go into details but I'll just say BLAH!!!

My house that I was renting out the tenants moved out. So I'm looking for new tenants. I'm a little worried how I will pay my mortgage next month if I don't have new tenants. (This is where my BLAH with Joe will turn ugly.)

Sara started high school!! She's adjusted very well and is taking her grades more seriously. Like she actually does her homework without me constantly reminding her. The high school transistion was MUCH better than the middle school transistion.

So that's my update in a nutshell. I'm not sure how often I'll be blogging but I'll try to keep it updated.

PS-67 days till New Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: